The personal data we collect
When you are using our website, we may ask you to provide us with your personal data so that we may provide you with our services. We may collect, process, and transfer your personal data including:
- Identity and Contact Data
- Business Information
- Financial and Payment Data
- Technological Data
- Profile and Usage Data
- Physical Access Data
- Special Categories of Data
How we collect your personal data
The circumstance in which we may collect your personal data occurs when:
- You use any of our services
- You offer to provide, or provide, services to us
- You correspond with us, or provide any information directly to us
- You browse and/or interact on our website
Cookies are small text files placed on a visitor’s computer, which identify it to our server. Cookies do not identify individual users, only the computer used to access the website. By using our website you agree that we may place cookies on your browser. You can choose to erase the cookies by modifying the setting in your browser which allows you to disable and enable the cookies yourself. If you choose to erase or reject our cookies it may impact the website overall performance.
How we use your personal data
MNS will only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To improve our website
- To compile anonymous statistics, such as website usage
- For recruitment purposes
- To keep our services up to date
- To administer and manage our relationship with you
- To carry our background checks (where permitted)
- To analyse and improve our services and communications and to monitor compliance with our policies and standards
- To reply to your requests
- For marketing purposes such as distribution of newsletters and promotional materials
Please note that upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may transfer your personal data
MNS may transfer the data subjects’ personal data outside Mauritius as may be necessary for the purposes as mentioned above. If we transfer your personal data to other countries we will ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place in regards to the protection of your personal data. We will use, share and safeguard the information as described above. We will not transfer personal data without explicit consent and we will ensure an adequate level of data protection is in force in the recipient country.
The transfer of your personal data to these countries will only take place in the following situations:
- When it is necessary for the services we provide you with
- When it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract
- When it is subject to the safeguards that assure the protection of your personal information
If we transfer your personal data outside Mauritius we will rely on the applicable data protection derogation of the Data Protection Act 2017. If you are an individual from the European Union or the European Economic Area to whom we provide services, we will rely on the applicable derogation under Article 49 of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679).
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have on you
- Accuracy: You have the right to ensure that your personal data that we hold is up-to-date: accurate, current and complete
- Complaints: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority if you believe that your data protection rights are being breached
- Erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased when the personal data collected is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- Objecting: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than what is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes we collected them for. This also includes the purposes of satisfying any accounting, reporting and legal requirements. Upon the determined expiry date we will securely destroy your personal data.
We will not sell or disclose your personal data without your consent. Any disclosure will only be to the extent as is required by law.
If you have any questions in relation to the collection and use of your personal data by us, or wish that your personal data is modified/deleted from our records, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter to: Mauritius Network Services Ltd, Silicon Avenue, Cybercity, Ebene, 72201, Republic of Mauritius.